Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira service desk- can you auto-assign service request with approval based on customer organization?

Jessie April 25, 2018

A little background- I put together a Jira service desk with service requests with approval for our employees to request PTO. I would ideally like the request to be auto-assigned to the employee's manager for approval after it is submitted. I have organized our employees into "organizations" based on departments in the service desk project. 

Is there any way to now set up a way to auto-assign the requests that particular department/organization submits to their manager without downloading a paid add-on? 

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Hey @Jessie

What types of add-ons do you currently have? And are you on Atlassian Cloud or Server? 

Jessie April 26, 2018

Hi! Currently we have the basics like Github and Slack integrations and Checklist. I just work for a startup so we are super conscious of our monthly expenses. But we are on Cloud version. I wouldn't mind paying for an addon as long as it is reasonable. But with 50+ users in our instance, when it gets to be $5/seat, that adds up!

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2018

Hey @Jessie

Yeah $5 a seat sure does add up! I'd suggest doing a trial of each of the below to see which one you think you're team can benefit from besides just the requirements you have now. You might find more of a use for one. 

How is the manager determined for the employee that opens a ticket?

So you can update the assignee field OOB with a post function but the rest of your requirements need some form of scripting add-on. I had to test them out for myself before I made recommendations. I have a lot of experience with ScriptRunner but not the others. Below is a brief overview of my findings. :) Let me know if you have any other questions! 

I recommend...

1. ScriptRunner for Jira
  2. Power Scripts
  3. Jira Misc Workflow Extensions

Power Scripts you have to be able to write your owns scripts with SIL, I wasn't able to find an oob option like the below add-ons. 

Scriptrunner and Jira Misc have OOB options for auto-assigning based on a parameter. The parameter can be selected or created via a script. 

Jira Misc workflow helps you build a script. See image 1.

Scriptrunner has something similar. See image 2. 

1. Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.10.02 AM.png
  2. Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.10.02 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events