cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira service desk Portal Help Center with multiple projects

Wendy Thorneloe September 19, 2017

Hi

I created 2 projects under Jira Service desk

Now in the Help Center Portal I can choose to create issues from both my projects

I don't want 1 help center Portal for all my projects

I want 1 help center portal for each of my projects

1 to 1 relation

Can we do that?

Also We won't have help documentation right away so can we remove the Find help forms search boxes off the screen?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

@Wendy Thorneloe, If you want two completely separate instances then you will need two JSD installs. If you are using cloud you can start a separate one easily enough. However, i don't know that this is what you need or even want. What happens when you have 3, 4, 5 projects?

If you goal of having two Help Centers is to prevent customer A associated w/ Project A from seeing Customer B's  Project B and vice versa then it is simply a matter of ensuring that the customer list for each project is distinct w/o any overlap.

But maybe your requirements are different? If the above is not a suitable solution then can you provide more details?

Wendy Thorneloe September 20, 2017

Hi

Thanks for the info

Yes you are correct

I just want to separate client A from client B

I have customer permissions set to anyone can send a request without logging in

I have knowledge center turned off

My main issue is this

On the Main portal it says popular and then it lists my 2 projects. Under that it says Browse all.

I don't want users to see that Main portal page. I don't want users to see all my projects.

Once you select a project from the Main portal page it brings you to that projects Portal page. That is the page I want them to see

I only want them to see the help center portal page for a specific project

Can I do something like that?

Also if I have the knowledge center turned off should it not hide the Find help forms search boxes?

Thanks

Like Georg Baur likes this
0 votes
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

@Wendy Thorneloe 

If you are on Premium/Enterprise you can enroll for the EAP Early Access Program: Multiple Help Centers in JSM - Atlassian Community

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events