Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira ServiceDesk - Mutli-tenant

Vergeres Julien June 24, 2015

Dear community, 

Is it possible to setup JIRA ServiceDesk as a mutli-tenant solution ?

Our objective is to be able to serve mutliple clients without sharing information (segregation)

Do you have any sample or documentation on how achieve that ?

Thanks for your answer 

Julien

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2015

Hi Julien,

People can add extra people on their tickets, as explained here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-269

But it's not possible to do this by default, that feature request is being tracked here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-270

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Vergeres Julien June 24, 2015

Hello, 

Ok but then it's come to me an additional question : Our clients would like to have the possibility to see the tickets of their colleagues, to collaborate on it for example, or to check them (reporting), how to achieve that then?

idea is to have a kind of "super-user" able to check the ticket for its own organizationI

Br

Julien

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2015

Hi Vergeres,

Yes, it is possible.

Actually in Service Desk, the customer will be able to see only the reports reported by himself, therefore the information will not be shared between the customers.

You can also create multiple Service Desks to better organise the customer users, and create the accounts for the specific service desks.

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2015

Hi Julien,

You can easily create a service desk portal per client and restricting access to it so only people from that client can see that service desk portal.

Also keep in mind that only the person creating an issue can actually see this issue in the service desk portal, so if user A creates an issue user B will not be able to see it through the portal.

Best regards,

Peter

Vergeres Julien June 29, 2015

Hello, I got the point, working perfectly well but if I create one service desk portal per "clients", how can I mutualize my service desk ? I've seen that we can assign an agent on multiple "Service desk portal", that's fine ! But how an agent will have in a "consolidated view" all the queue for the clients he is working for ? Because it seems (my understanding) that the queue is dedicated to the customer portal where we are creating them, isn't ? Hope I'm clear enough :s Julien

globits Einkauf January 29, 2016

Hi Julien, we are currently also evaluating JIRA ServiceDesk to be a (the) vital part for our serviceteam. We are an IT solution provider and are offering 2nd level support to our customers.

This means we have lots of companies where we have most time 1 - 10 different contact persons.

I am also trying to setup JIRA in a "multi tenant mode" where we are able to see all tickets from all companies in one servidesk / queue.

Unfortuantely there is no Company Field to pin a user to a certain company. As workarround I am organizing the customers in groups.

For each company we have setup a group "cust_COMPANY" and I am using JQL to assign SLAs based on which group (company) the reporter is in, example:

reporter in membersOf("cust_COMPANY1") AND type="incident"

While this works great, I need to see the company name within the queue for my colleques working at the central helpdesk as they need to know which ticket belongs to which company (most time more important than the reporter).

Did you get JIRA ServiceDesk running to serve multiple clients? I would like to hear from you, before I invest lots of time finding out that JIRA ServiceDesk is not the best solution when serving multiple clients/customers (multi tenants).

Is it ok to contact you via LinkedIn?

• Philipp

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events