Jira Service desk - first configuration

Vergeres Julien August 13, 2015

Hello,

I would like to start correctly the implementation of your JIRA ServiceDesk. How would be the best approach/recommandation in terme of setup by knowing that I would like to support our community for IT Standard issue and on the other hands I bring to some of them a dedicated support on a particular solution.

Do I need to separate the service desk ?

1)"General support Center"

2)"Dedicated solution"

Or make no sense and put everything on the same "ServiceDesk instance ?

My concern is really to know if it is correct to dedicate one "ServiceDesk" to the dedicated solution as it is really linked to a solution/plaftorme in opposite with the "General support Center" where our community can post for any IT request/issues

Thanks for your help !

Julien

2 answers

0 votes

Thank you Nicolas ! It's hard to start with the first configuration, i'm a bit lost. Do you speak french ? Do you know if there is some existing instance on which I can have a look (to be inspired) !!!!! smile

Thanks

Julien

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

Oui, je parle français. Plusieurs des dévelopeurs de plugins JIRA utilisent Service Desk. inTenso pour Issue Templates par exemple: https://intenso.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/user/login?destination=portal%2F1 Il faut s'enregistrer, mais c'est libre d'accès sinon.

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

Ouais, c'est pas simple de visualiser la configuration du point de vue client. Je connais pas d'espace de démo, et Service Desk n'est pas couvert par Atlassian University (https://university.atlassian.com/). Très bonne ressource pour débutants soit dit en passant.

Un grand merci pour ton aide ! Le truc "en français" cette fois, c'est que j'offre du support pour nos clients, un support qui est standard...problème d'imprimante, réseau, demande d'accès à un sharefolder etc...bref super standard...et à côté de ça nous offrons un support pour un solution de MDM (AirWatch) qui aurait cette fois-ci des "Requests type" dédiés et bien précis.... Donc sur le premier exemple, les requests type peuvent s'adresser à tout le monde tandis que dans l'autre cas que pour nos clients AirWatch... Alors le truc c'est que si sur mon "ServiceDesk" j'arrive à cacher des catégories (Groups) selon la personne qui se logue...je pourrais effectivement en avoir qu'un seul...qu'en penses-tu ?

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

Si tu veux restreindre le desk à un seul groupe d'usagers, tu dois nécessairement avoir 2 projets JIRA alors. Dans ton projet de support général, tu veux avoir tous les usagers dans le Project Role "Service Desk Customers". Dans ton projet spécifique Airwatch, tu devrais n'avoir que les usagers Airwatch dans ce Project Role. Donc, ça te prends 2 projets distincts, avec chacun son service desk. Une avenue intéressante pour les usagers externes est d'utiliser la fonction qui permet de rapporter les requêtes par email. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK023/Setting+up+the+email+channel J'utilise quelque chose de similaire (plugin JEMH) pour nos clients qui ne veulent pas apprivoiser un autre outil ou simplement sauver du temps (un forward est si vite fait sur un email reçu:)

Merci pour tes réponses...j'ai pas pu te répondre plus vite car je ne pouvais plus poster de "comments"....

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

Well, that really depends on how you want your JIRA projects set up.

If you'd rather have these desks report issues in distinct JIRA projects, you will have to create 2 desks, but if you don't mind both types of requests to be gathered in the same JIRA project, you could have a single desk, but with 2 different request types. Each request type would be linked to a specific issue type in JIRA, so it will be easy to identify which is which quickly.

Whichever option you choose, you can set up each request type to be different. If you also have Confluence, you can have your service desk linked to a Confluence knowledge base, which is very neat when you have lots of users asking the same questions.

These should help:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK023/Setting+up+request+types

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Providing+self-help+resources+for+your+customers+with+a+knowledge+base

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events