Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk not seeing all external comments on Notification Emails

JD Lobue April 19, 2019

Our customers are frustrated that they are only able to see the most up to date correspondence on notifications and not the full chain. Is this possible? Has anyone else run into this issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Mikhail Ershov April 20, 2019

Probably some of comments were marked as internal? All the public comments are shown on the portal.

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

Hey @JD Lobue

I have tickets in my instance that have 40-50 public comments and they are all shown on the customer portal. Can you please explain or show which comments are missing? 

JD Lobue April 22, 2019

I'm speaking to the notification emails that people get that someone has updated the ticket, they only see the top 1 public response

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2019

Yeah so the notification "Issue Commented" will only send out a notification for public comments and it will only send a notification with the comment that was just added. 

If I am understanding you correctly and you are wanting it to show multiple comments, that is not possible. Previous comments must be viewed via the portal or if this is an email thread, then by going through the thread. 

Matt Rousso April 25, 2019

@Cody Stevens Coming from the end user/customer point of view this is extremely frustrating.  I work in Outlook NOT the portal.  Not being able to see the entire email thread in notifications just slows me down and makes me not want to use the process.

JD Lobue April 26, 2019

I agree with @Matt Rousso as do our customers. The are used to products like zendesk which allow for all comments to be seen. Any chance Atlassian can consider this as an feature enhancement?

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2019

Hey @JD Lobue @Matt Rousso 

Yeah, I understand why you would want that. I don't see a feature request for this yet so I would advise one of you makes one and then shares the link to that ticket here. Then anyone who agrees with you can go to it and vote for the issue to show Atlassian that this is a needed feature. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSDCLOUD/issues/JSDCLOUD-170?filter=allopenissues

Hope that helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events