Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk footer showing info about Jira Software

Hugo September 1, 2017

Hello guys!

We have a Jira Service Desk server installation, I noticed that on footer appears "Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v7.4.1#74003-sha1:03b9948)", but I only have Jira Service Desk installed on this machine.

jira_footer.png

Is it normal, a bug or an error?

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Mähler September 1, 2017

I think that is because ServiceDesk is using Jira Core in the background. You can see that in the Settings -> Applications -> Versions and licenses view. Usually it says Jira Service Desk and Jira Core as applications

Hugo September 1, 2017

Hi Norman, thanks for your fast reply.

It seems We have Jira Core in the background, is it really necessary?

jira_licenses.png

Norman Mähler September 1, 2017

Hi Hugo, yes I think Jira Core is the basic application and Service Desk is on top of that. All the Ticket handling, configutation, workflows, fields comes from jira an the integration with the knowledge base, the queues, the customer portal is Service Desk.

There is an article on that topic: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-does-jira-service-desk-need-jira-core-or-jira-software

but it does not help, because they do not tell if it is a dependency or not.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hugo September 1, 2017

Hi Norman, I've made a fresh install using custom options during the installation wizard, nothing about Jira Core was mentioned..

After finished the installation, I log on this new install and the same information was showed as below.

Conclusion: Jira Service Desk server mode needs Jira Core to work, thanks again!

jira-fresh-install.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events