Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk email auto reply

David Stuart January 22, 2018

We are using the SD functionality that creates a ticket from an email address.

Is there a way to set up an auto response email that would  acknowledge that the  customer's email was received and include the ticket number?

TIA

4 answers

1 vote
ODED Transformational Technologies January 29, 2018

I have the same issue, I did set the outgoing mail, it uses to send emails before, all of a sudden, Customers who sent the emails are not getting acknowledgments. Please advise

Thanks.

Evgeniy Russkikh January 29, 2018

More info please. What about notifications scheme? What you want they receive? Issue Created notifications or what?

Thanks for the quick reply @Evgeniy Russkikh.

My Notification scheme is very simple, 

1.When a Customer sends an email: they should get a reply as acknowledgments.

2.When we comment on the Share with Customer Tab, they should get a notification with the comments.

3. When we close the issue, they should get an email for the same.

so on.

So, check is your scheme have issue created, issue commented and issue closed events with reporter in these events. And check that this scheme is assigned to your project.

Maybe some screenshots of your configuration will help us to understand your problem

Dear @Evgeniy Russkikh,

Below are the screenshots, In every Event, the reporter is included.

jira1.JPGJira2.JPGJira3.JPG

Thank you

There is one important moment:

by default, user who did the action will not recieve notification about it.

So if you are create issue and you are reporter, you will not get notification about that.

This can be changed in user's profile section. There is no way to change this setting for all users with comfortable way. I've found a workaround.

If you want my experience, we are using plugin JEMH which allows us to setup email setting VERY detailed. But its not free
Untitled.png

Dear @Evgeniy Russkikh,

I'm not the reporter, the reporters are someone else.

As I told you earlier, Reporters used to get notification emails. but the issue started 2 weeks back. We have not done any changes in the settings.

So maybe you should try to enable email logging and then look into atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log file. Probably you can find a reason there, maybe some errors.

Dear @Evgeniy Russkikh

Please advise me how to go about it.

Many Thanks

You need to go to Loggin and profiling section in System configuration and enable Outgoing Mail log.Untitled.png

Then you should trigger your case (do action which have to send notification).

After that you found that notification didnt come, go to log file on your Jira server, located at:

<Your JIRA home directory>\log and open the file atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log with any text editor.

Thank you so much @Evgeniy Russkikh. I will contact you if needed.

0 votes
Faisal Ahmad May 8, 2018

After deploying Service Desk back in January 2018, I have run into this issue about 3 times - where all email notifications to customers stop going out.  After troubleshooting the issue with Atlassian, I found that a simple Jira restart fixed the issue. The next 2 times I went straight for a restart and fixed the issue both times.

0 votes
Evgeniy Russkikh January 22, 2018

Are you set up outgoing email section?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

that should be happening already. are you saying it is not?

David Stuart January 22, 2018

Correct.  The ticket is being created but I am not receiving an acknowledgement.

I am set up as a Customer in the project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events