Jira Service Desk and "time in status" feature

Hi,

Just started getting into JIRA Service Desk plugin.
Does JSD provide a "time in status" feature or similar to Time In Source Status as by jira-suite-utilities plugin ?
I hoped to find it but looks like it's not presented. I need reports on time in status.

JIRA: 6.3.10
JSD: 2.1

Fenks 

2 answers

Hey there,

JSD comes with ServiceLevelAgreements - SLAs. You can configure them to your needs and also show the Time in status per issue. You can also filter your SLAs and make reports out of them.

Hope this can help.

Greets
Simon 

Thanx a lot, Simon You wrote: and also show the Time in status per issue I just cannot find it in JSD docks. Maybe you can paste a link here. Cheers.

Do you mean SLA metrics and Goals?

Yes that's exactly what I mean - sorry that I didn't call it the right name here. :) Set up a SLA for each status swap to filter them. you can also filter Time to resolution and set them in Agile Boards f.e. as swimlanes to track the more critical tasks for a team.

Simon I need a searchable custom field that would store the exact information on how long my issue spent in OPEN, IN PROGRESS....statuses without calculating remaining/spent against Goal. Does JSD provide such an opportunity? tnx

No - you have to set a JQL filter to get this. you just have a view of goal and remaining in the issue detail view without doing anything but configuration. :-(

Simon, JQL is based on operators. I know a lot of default ones, but has JSD plugin brought anything new, concerning time in status in particular? tnx

Petr, JIRA has a gadget for helping to determine Average Time in Status. You can set this for a project or run off of a specific filter. You can also choose the statuses to include. This can be very valuable and allow you to use broad or fine parameters.

image2014-12-5 8:57:43.png

Hi, Charles When I pressed one of those big red square chart dots, I found out that the result was based on the following JQL request: updated >= "year-mm-dd hh:mm" AND updated <= "year-mm-dd hh:mm" Is it OK that the core operator here is ''updated'' ? Because if someone makes a comment, edits spelling or just create an attachment to already resolved issue, the system regards this as an action ''UPDATE'' and this issue disappears from the JQL results and the chart. Please correct me if I'm wrong

*disappears from the JQL results and the chart. Sorry, not from the chart but the place in the chart is different

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

274 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot