Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk- Upgrade to 3.3.2

Deleted user June 16, 2017

Hello,

we are having following Versions of SD and Jira Software.

JIRA Service Desk 3.3.2 & JIRA Software 7.3.2.

We also want to have the same versions in Test System. We have upgraded the Jira Instance to 7.3.2 in Test System. And as now Service Desk is a application and not a add on, we tried to find directly a *.qbr file to upload the Application. But on the Internet there is only "jira-servicedesk-application-3.3.1.obr" available. When we uploaded 3.3.1 in our Test Jira, we don't see the Update button to Update it to the Version 3.3.2 although developer licenses are valid. 

Did anybody face this ? or any inputs how can we upgrade our SD to 3.3.2?

Best Regards,

PreetiD

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2017

You should use the "manage applications" function to do the upgrade of Service Desk.  It makes sure you use the latest valid version of the application.

Hi Nic,

thanks for a quick reply. 

If I am not wrong its on the following page.

Jira Administration -> Applications -> Versions & licenses

But we do not see any update button. Or I am missing something? And we do not want to update to latest version but to SD 3.3.2.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2017

If there is no update option, you're on the latest version valid for your system.  There is no downgrade option here.

Thanks for your answer Nic. But as said, we would like to have our Prod and Test on the same versions. We could manage to replicate it for Jira Core/ Jira Software and that is on both Systems 7.3.2.

When it comes to match a Jira Service Desk Application Version, here is the link which we have refered, as we wanted to download QBR file for SD 3.3.2. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.servicedesk.application/versions 

But as you see here, we dont have a download link to 3.3.2. So we thought may be we would upload the "jira-servicedesk-application-3.3.1.obr" in our Jira in "Manage Applications" and would see a Update button. But unfortunately we can not update it as we do not see any button for it.

Did I make our Issue now clear to understand?

thanks for any inputs regarding this ticket.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

I don't think I clearly understand what you are trying to achieve, and I don't understand why you are messing around with random downloads (especially as qbr files have nothing to do with this)

Could you tell me:

• What version of Service Desk you have on Production
  • What version of Service Desk you have on test
  • Confirm that your end goal is to have the same version on Production and test
  • What you're trying to get to.
Deleted user June 23, 2017

Hi Nic,

Here are answers::

What version of Service Desk you have on Production : : 3.3.2 
What version of Service Desk you have on test : : 3.3.1
Confirm that your end goal is to have the same version on Production and test :: yes :)
What you're trying to get to:: once we have the same version in both enviornments, we would like to import some of the Projects from Prod to Test Jira (for testing Purpose)

I hope this would help. Please let me know if you need any other information from my side to analyse it correctly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

Ok. 

Technically, you should use the Application Manager to upgrade Service Desk on test.

However, the version of Service Desk is close enough that it really does not matter for this import.

Your comment regading import resolves our issue. But just for my understanding if you can put how to upgrade SD from Application Manager (if you have any screenshot of any enviornment that would explain it better) would be really helpful. 

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

Click the admin cog, then applications, the upgrade option will be there.

Deleted user June 26, 2017

Hi Nic,

thanks for your inputs. This is how I see in Applications. So last Version would be now 7.3.8 and the Jira Software and Service Desk will be automatically updated when we perform this upgrade later.

Please just confirm, if I understood it correctly.

Jira Upgrade.pngThis ticket can be closed because the Problem is resolved. We will import our Projects from Prod to the Test System.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

Software and Service Desk may not be upgraded automatically, it depends on the version compatibilities.

Deleted user July 3, 2017

okay. Thanks again :)

0 votes

Hi All,

any inputs or updates for this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

Sorry, I missed the last update.  Continued above!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events