It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Service Desk - Slack integration

Hi, 

We have a slack channel which notifies us when new tickets are raised / actions completed in service desk. I would like to be able to target specific people who own the support contracts so we can all have our own channels - does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to do it please?

2 answers

2 votes

Hi Louise,

I did this for our IT service desk, but was only able to do it using the Automation for Jira app.  That will allow you to add in @mentions of individuals or even send to a personal slack channel.

Hope that helps

Susan

Hey @Louise Balderstone if I understand you correctly, you're looking for JSD to "push" a notification to Slack when a ticket is raised (in the portal) and mention the folks that are specifically relevant to that ticket in Slack DM? I'm not sure that exists 100% the way you're describing it..

You might want to check out an app in the marketplace Obie (full disclosure: I am affiliated with the company).. it changes up the workflow you're envisioning but will let you and your colleagues raise tickets from Slack, then sync all comments/attachments/actions on the ticket in a thread so those involved can get all of the updates in one spot.. I hope this helps :)

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 5.58.15 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

579 views 7 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you