Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk (Server version) notifications are not sent to customers, at all

Tony Lorie March 25, 2019

Jira Service Desk (Server version) notifications are not sent to customers, at all.  I have Jira Service Desk and Jira Software.  When a Service Desk request is made via the portal, the only ones that receive notification emails are the users who have service desk licenses.  Even those who have Jira Software licenses.  Should all users be Service Desk Customers role?  If so, why wouldnt they all be a Service Desk Customer role automatically, if they create an account via the portal?

1 answer

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Notification of your customers are not handled by the Jira notification function. Check out:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver0316/managing-service-desk-notifications-961789275.html

Best

JP

Tony Lorie March 25, 2019

Hi Jan....yes, understood.  I have the Customer Notifications setup.  I ensured they were enabled, and that they have a valid value in the TO: field.  I also sent a test email, and I receive it correctly.  But it does not send the email when the specific event takes place.  I enabled DEBUGGING in the mail logs, and I don't see any entries....only those being sent out by the Jira notifications, which I get since I am also a licensed user of Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events