Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Report on "Activity Comments"

We have a jira service desk instance and would like to report on the Activity comments section in the ticket that gets created.  Often our comments are used as a dialect between our service representatives and the client.  We would like to report on that in a sequential report that would show conversation by ticketId.  This will help to tell a story of the status of the ticket.  

Can this be done? 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

Hello @Skience NYL Bitbucket Acct (Tag Giese's old acct),

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you would like to have a report/list displaying a number of issues against the comments added to it. Is it correct?

I would suggest you export your issues to a CSV file. Doing that, you would have a list of the issues you want with their respective comments at the right columns that you will be able to see in a clear way with external spreadsheet software (Excel, LibreOffice, etc). These would be the steps:

1 - Navigate to your issue navigator > Create a filter to return the issues you want

2 - Click on the export button > Export Excel CSV (All fields)

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 16.58.04.png

3 - Open the file > Delete the not relevant columns, leaving the issue key together with the comments

Let me know if this option achieves your needs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events