Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Questions on Permission

ktran July 26, 2019

Hi,

I have several projects.  Some for external customers and some for internal customers.  For external customers, I set the permission as "only customer I've added".  For internal customers, I set it for "Anyone can send a request without logging in".  
However, I saw external customers shows up on the list for the projects supposed to be for internal use only.  I don't want external customer to see this internal project. 

How can I remove the external customers for internal projects?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2019

Hi ktran,

When we set the customer permission on a project to "Anyone with an account", it means that anyone, external and internal customers and users will be able to create tickets in that project. As the project is open to everyone, all users and customers will show on customers' page.
To avoid that, you need to set the same permission that you set for the external customers' project, so only users that admins add to the project will be able to see the request types to create issues.
To remove the external customers from the internal customers' project, please go to Project settings > Customers permissions > Who can access the portal and send requests? > Customers my team adds to the project.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
ktran August 20, 2019

For projects that involved internal customers only, if I set to "customer my team adds to the project", it would take a awhile to add these internal customers since the internal customer list is long.  Is there a better way to add customers?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2019

The best option, in this case, is to export the customers and make a list to add all customers to the project.
Go to Administration > Jira Service Desk > Export customers and download the CSV.
Then copy their email address and make a list, it can be as the example below:

test1@test.com, test2@test.com, test3@test.com, test4@test.com

OR

test1@test.com
test2@test.com
test3@test.com
test4@test.com

Then you can go to the project and on Customers > Add customers and paste the list to add everyone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events