cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Mobile App missing SLA

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Hello, 

I have a fully set up Jira Service Desk on the cloud for my company. It all works great. 

Recently I installed a new plugin that does automation and it created a new Jira Service Desk Project with CODE = AUTO, which is great, as I have been able to test it fully without messing up existing automation rules on my default JSD project. 

I set up some rules on the CODE project based around tickets with priorities = Critical. Everything is good. I've created a Critical priority ticket via the customer portal and I can see it in the queue.

I logged another ticket through my default Jira Service Desk / Customer Portal (CODE = SESD).

Below are the Jira mobile app screenshots of the AUTO request on the left and the SESD request on the right. 

Why do they show different information or fields in different locations? How can I get the SESD project to show the following: 

• SLA Time to resolution and time to first response at the top underneath the status.
  • The Priority underneath the SLA.
  • How do I set up the screens or fields to show in the Mobile app? 

photo6001408324857344086.jpgphoto6001408324857344087.jpg

Any help or pointers on this matter will be much appreciated. 

- Mike

1 answer

0 votes
metapoint
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

G'day Mike,

Robert Smart here, one of the developers of the iOS and Mac app.

I suspect the missing SLAs for the SESD project because that project doesn't have SLAs configured for the issue types you are looking at in that project. If you go to Project Settings -> SLAs and check that there is a Goal that would cover the request type you are posting (for the type of SLA you want to display) the whole panel should start to show (it wont show if there are no slas defined for that request).

The Priority field could have been hidden in the SESD project either in the "Request types" project admin page OR the screens project admin page (if its a classic project).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rob.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for your response. 

I've definitely got a goal for all my SESD (working project) requests regardless of Issue Type.

priority = critical.jpg

But your second suggestion is interesting, because I do have a hidden priority field behind every issue type in my customer portal as I don't want users picking the priority. However they can select the priority if the issue is Critical or Major, but there are dedicated request types for those two priorities.

But as you can see in the screenshots above for SESD project the priority is shown be it a little further down in the ticket screen. 

This is why this is a little puzzling. 

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events