cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Issues 3.8.1

Maciej Wysocki October 18, 2017

We got Jira service desk down and in the log we see:
----------
13 plugins failed to load during JIRA startup.
'com.atlassian.servicedesk.servicedesk-notifications-plugin' - 'Service Desk Notifications Plugin' failed to load.
It has the following missing service dependencies :
&availableVariableManager of type

----------

Before we migrated jira from 7.0.5 -> 7.5.0. Service desk was working but one of the field (user picker) was not functional. We uninstall and install again service desk. After that operation and restart service desk is not accessible for users.

Any ideas or tips ? I could provide more info or log input.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Hi Maciej,

This error just indicates that the Service Desk plugin is not loading.  There could be a number of different causes for this. Since you recently upgraded Jira itself, my primary concern would be to make sure that you have a valid Jira Service Desk license activated on this instance before trying to upgrade Service Desk.  You can check this in Cog Icon -> Applications -> Versions & Licenses.  

Your license expiration date will need to be in the future from the date this version was released, or else you won't be able to upgrade this plugin.

If this does not resolve this issue, then we would likely need to gather logs from your system to better understand this problem.  I was about to create a support request for you on this issue, but it appears that you have already created on at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/22/JSP-400320

I would recommend following up on that request to progress the troubleshoot there.   We would also recommend posting back to this community post with your solution once that ticket has been resolved.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events