Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Service Desk: I would like to add a custom field or somehow flag an organization Edited

On the Jira Service Desk Organizations screen I want to be able to add a custom field in order to flag non paying clients. The purpose of this is when a call is logged an email can be sent back to client letting them know their issue will not be attended to until the account is brought up to date.

So I can use automation to check for the flag and either send the we have your issue message or you need to pay message.

Any help please?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Mar 04, 2019

Here is what I am thinking and suggest you try. 

1. I assume you are saying that if the organization has not paid their bill then all customers in the org will not be serviced
  2. I think you could use the Automation for Jira addon and when a ticket comes in from the domain associated with the payment issues then the ticket can be transitioned to a new status “overdue” (or whatever) that will a) notify customer and b) pause any sla.

I don’t think you can do this out of the box automatically but if you want to do manually then you could simply have agents transition manually. But the question you need to answer/solve is how is the org flagged as overdue. The Automation for Jira has a free version that gives you 300 automations per month.

Thanks Jack you are exactly right in your understanding.

I had the exact plan as you describe, however I then realised the issue with the "overdue" flag against an organization. Which is really the crux, I can do the automation but need to be able to set an "overdue" flag against an organization.

The agents may not know the status of the account thus I dont even want the ticket to reach them if the org is in "overdue" status.

So still stuck :(

So not a great answer but you can modify the automation as needed. That is if an org is delinquent then when an issue is created from members of the org then deflect the question. When they pay clear the automation.

you cloud do this with a single automation and mange multiple delinquent orgs. Remove/add the delinquent org. Or an automation per org and then enable/disable as required. 

Jack Community Leader Mar 08, 2019

@Sue Webber , I happened to be sitting in on a webinar from Codebarrel yesterday and was intrigued by an example they were walking thru on "overdue invoices" and thought of this thread. If interested have a look at  the "Notify overdue invoices" rule in their Playground site. Look at the others too. I learned about the availability of math functions that may allow you to more autonomously manage overdue invoices based upon a due date. Worth some investigation. I was certainly impressed w/ the flexibility of the addon and look forward to upping my game a bit. ;-)

Like Sue Webber likes this

Thanks so much @Jack 

Will definitely check it out.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

You might be able to do it OOB. 

Trigger = Issue Created

When = JQL:  Reporter in memberofOrganization ("Org name")

Then = Send email - You can then customize that email

Cheers

Susan

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ , In fact that should work. The open question in my mind is how to add a property to an org? Ideally you could add a property to an org that would reflect their support status: active, overdue, inactive, etc. but orgs don’t have properties so how to solve?

Exactly.

Orgs dont have properties or statuses or allow custom fields...

Unfortunately there is no way to add properties to an Organization.  So it would be a manual undertaking of keeping the automation rules up to date whenever there is an organization that is not in good keeping or vice versa.

Yes it looking that way unfortunately. Pity.

Thanks for the feedback and assistance @Jack and @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ 

i also looked for organization properties which could be

• warranty status, expiration date, service contract type, priority
  • adddress
  • contact information
  • device info confluence page link

do you have a feature request for that?

Hi,

So sounds like you want to connect up a database almost of info around an organization.  There is nothing OOB that I know of.  But maybe take a look at the app Insight, as you can make that a database of anything and it works well with Service Desk:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212137/insight-asset-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Although it's primarily used for Asset management, it can be set up for any sort of data object.

Hope that helps
Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,203 views 15 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you