Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk : How to let customers re-open tickets

Deleted user December 12, 2013

My company is experimenting with Jira Service Desk for a pilot early next year. One of the questions we have is what happens when a service agent marks a ticket as 'Resolved" and wants to allow the customer to re-open the ticket if something doesn't look right.

- Is there a way to expose a workflow button in the customer UI to say "Reopen Issue"

- Is there a way to re-open the issue automatically on a customer comment?

The second option is obviously less ideal because "Thank You" messages will re-open the issue, but any advise from current users would be appreciatted.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

HI Dave,

From our use of Service Desk, any comment will transition the issue from resolved to an open state and will popup in our dashboard as a reopen. if the comment is a thank you our Tech will simply reclose the issue.

We have made this decision so that it's more convenient and also because we are using mail to communicate with the client. So when an email comes in it leave a comment.

Without transitionning automatically, this comment/mail would never be noticed.

For the few cases of having a tech simply press a button and having the pleasure of having a Thanks from their customer.. I think this is the best solution.

(Edited)

Sorry Forgot to add the how :)

there is 2 options : JEMH or Groovy Script Runner

JEMH has a very easy option to do it to transition on comment from this step to this step.

In groovy runner you can setup a script listener

Select the events: issue commented

condition could be: issue.status.name == 'resolved'

action: Open (actionid) (This transition has to be possible to be done in the workflow from the selected state)

The last option we are using on many different options everywhere in our instances and projects.

It work very well.

I hope you find your best solution.

1 vote
COBI.Bike Support November 25, 2016

You can also do it using "Automation" rules for JIRA service desk

IF Status = "Resolved" and "Customer Request Type" is not empty AND Comment is public AND User is a customer THEN Transition issue "Reopen issue"

I'm wondering why it wasn't enabled by default

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events