Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Database

ASB Admin June 4, 2018

I am getting a warning in my health check that my DB is not supported:

Warning

Supported database

Result

PostgreSQL 9.6.1 is not supported. You should migrate to a supported database version.

Do I just need to update PostgreSQL?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2018

It depends on your version of Jira.  What version of Jira are you using?   Jira added support for Postgresql 9.6.x starting with version 7.4.0 https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/supported-platforms-881683157.html

If you're running a version of Jira before this, such as 7.3.7, then upgrading the database won't help here because you would get the same warning.   Alternative to migrating you data to another database is to upgrade Jira itself to a version that supports that specific database version.

ASB Admin June 4, 2018

I'm using Jira SD 3.3 with Jira core 7.3.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2018

You could either upgrade Jira to a 7.4 or higher version to get support for that database version

OR

You could select a database type/version listed in the 7.3 Supported platforms docs and then follow the steps in Switching databases in order to migrating your Jira data from one database into another.

Either way could be used to resolve this warning.

ASB Admin June 5, 2018

Ya, I was going to upgrade one of these weekends. Was kind of curious why all of a sudden the DB went unsupported. I updated Service Desk, so I think that might have been why.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events