Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk - Customer permission not working

ryco-hafiz September 3, 2019

Hi,

I have set customer permssion in Jira Service Desk that anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal. But I got error as below:

The error was:

------------------------

"Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a Jira application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]"

Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,

Haficustomer-permission.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hi @ryco-hafiz 

Confirm the project is a JSD project.

Check your permission scheme and make sure people with access to the customer portal can raise tickets.

How and where is the email configured and where do you see this error? Is the email shared with another project?

These are the initial things that come to mind.

ryco-hafiz September 4, 2019

Hi Ismael,

Please find my answer as below:

Confirm the project is a JSD project.

Yes, this is a JSD project

Check your permission scheme and make sure people with access to the customer portal can raise tickets.

Aha, user with access to the customer portal not yet granted permission to raise ticket. But it can raise ticket for email sender with same domain as email I use to register in Administration > System > Incoming Mail & Mail Handlers

How and where is the email configured and where do you see this error? Is the email shared with another project?

How?:

1.I configured in Administration>System>Incoming Mail & Mail Handlers

2.Register email request in Project Settings > Email Requests

3.Request type in email channel has been set with subject and description as mandatory

4. Set Project Settings>Customer Permissions>Who can raise requests? > Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal

5.Set Project Settings>Customer Permissions>Who can customers share requests with? > Any customer, by typing an email address

Where do I see this error?:

In email of receiver. Situation is user send email to receiver A then forwarded to email B. Email B is registered in JIRA as item#1 and#2 above

Is this email shared with another project?

No, its not shared with another project.

Thanks.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2019

Hi @ryco-hafiz 

You have configured Jira incoming mail for a JIRA Service Desk project.

Using the Jira incoming mail requires one to have a jira license.

To use a Jira Service Desk email, do the following:

1. Delete the currently configured incoming mail handler
  2. Go to your Project/Project Settings page
  3. Select Email Configuration 
  4. Configure your email here.
  5. Save.

Now users without licenses should be able to send you emails that will create and comment on tickets.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events