Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk: Customer Portal: UI style differs b/w Cloud and Server

Alexey Inozemtsev August 2, 2019

Jira Service Desk Customer Portal in the Cloud has a fancy UI style.

The style differs from what JSD 4.3.0 Server has dramatically.

The questions:

- How can it be configured on JSD 4.3.0 Server?

- If it's not there now, when will it be available in Server?

Thanks!

JSD Cloud Portal.pngJSD Cloud. Categories.pngJSD Cloud. Issue list.pngJSD Cloud. New issue.pngJSD Cloud. View issue.png

2 answers

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2019

Hey @Alexey Inozemtsev

Unfortunately there is not an official way to make the two similar. The UI was recently refreshed for cloud and as far as I know, there is no word on when or if it will happen in Server.

Something you can do is look at the add ons in the Marketplace. I linked a couple below that are specifically meant for changing the look and feel of the help center.

Alexey Inozemtsev August 4, 2019

Cody, hi! Thank you so much. We’ll look into this option.

Don’t you know if it is possible to re-create the Cloud styling w/ add-ons?

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2019

Hey @Alexey Inozemtsev

Of course! I don't know if its possible because I haven't done it myself but I do know that these add on's provide you with extra customization with the look and feel that is not out of the box. Some are complete overhauls and make it look completely different.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2019

Hello,

UI in Cloud and Server are different. You can not do anything with it. As far as I know Atlassian tries to make the UI to be similair or at least close to each other, but I am not sure on exact days, when the UI will be similair for Server and Cloud. Maybe never.

Alexey Inozemtsev August 4, 2019

Alexey, thanks for your input. That’s exactly the same understanding which led to ask this question.

By the way it didn’t took long Atlassian to port new UI from Cloud to Server in JIRA. Don’t see any reason for delay in JSD.

Is there any known?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events