cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk: Core, Software etc??

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

I'm still confused on how JIRA Core, JIRA Software, and JIRA Service Desk all interact.

My interest is in following any and all changes to JIRA Service Desk or supporting components.

Having said that, which of these should I follow, given that my main focus is Jira Service Desk?

1. JIRA Service Desk Release Notes - Atlassian Documentation
  2. JIRA Core release notes - Atlassian Documentation
  3. JIRA Software release notes - Atlassian Documentation

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Core provides the main (business) functions - issues, users, projects, fields, workflow and a framework for add-ons and applications.

Software sits on top of core providing the Scrum/Kanban/Agile boards.  It layers more functionality and a little bit of data over Core projects, fields, workflows etc.

Service Desk sits on top of Core providing Agent access, a user portal, customers, queues, SLAs etc.  It layers more functionality and a little bit of data over Core projects, fields, workflows etc.

If you are focussed on Service Desk, read the first set of notes.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Software and Service Desk are apps, i.e. plugins, for Core. Under the covers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events