Jira Service Desk: Contacts

Jörg Heerdmann April 21, 2014

Hi; I'm Jörg from Hamburg, Germany!

We will try the Service Desk after Installing Jira 6.2, and I have a question:

How can I import a set of contacts to Service Desk, and how can I update this continous?

We will have a set of under 500 Licenses for Jira (just for ACTIVE users), but for the Service Desk we need more than 1000 contacts - this are our customers. I can easily get an CSV for example, with all contacts but can I import this for my customer database, or do I need a license for every of my customers/contacts?

And there is a bit of fluctuation every month. Can I update my contcts easily by a new import, or have I to do it manually?

I'm sorry for my questions, but all I've seen from Jira until now was a 10 minute presentation by one of my colleagues. We are looking for a new ticket-tool at our service desk, and they mentionend that they use Jira for there projects, and that there is a Service Desk solution we can try after the update to 6.2

I hope you can understand what I mean... ;-)

Regards

Jörg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jörg Heerdmann May 7, 2014

ok, thx for help.

0 votes
Intel CHD Jira Admin April 21, 2014

As JSD is now, "contacts" are simply jira users - you need a license for each and everyone of them, even if they never use Jira directly, just as if they were a service desk agent.

As for adding them, here is a link to the doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-Addingusers.

-David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events