Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Cloud Report - Request Type Report Gadget Dashboard

SD Admin March 28, 2018

Hi, 

I saw only 2 reports type available in Jira service desk. I wanted to customize to include request type as the dashboard report gadget, is there anyway to do this? We are using both cloud Jira software and Jira service desk.jira service desk report gadget.png Pls advise. Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2018

Hi Angeline,

What output do you want to see with Request Type? You might be able to get what you need with one of those 2 gadgets.

Carolyn

SD Admin March 28, 2018

Hi Carolyn,

Total request type created group by request type. I tried to use JQL =request type="A" but it show invalid syntax. I also tried with =customer request type="A" which I found from the online documentation guide but both show wrong syntax, 

I tried both gadget but not working. Thanks

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2018

It sounds like it might be a problem with the JQL syntax. When in doubt and it's simple, stick to basic JQL.

Now that I re-read your question, you should be able to use the regular Jira gadget called Issue Statistics (just input your project or a filter with multiple projects) and pick Statistic Type: Issue Type, and it will show you a summary count.

Issue Statistics.png

If you really would like to specifically use those 2 gadgets (the output looks different so that could be fun), here are some other ideas:

You can create a custom report called "Number of Requests per Type". Within that report, create a "Series" for each of your request types using Basic JQL in the "Filter by" section.

Series.png

Once you've created this custom report, you can reference it in the gadget "Service Desk Report."

Alternatively, you can create a new filter for each request type that you have. For each new filter you create, just use the Basic JQL to select the Service Desk project(s) and Issue Type. Then input each of those filters into a new "Filter Counts" dashboard gadget.

Hope this helps,

Carolyn

SD Admin March 29, 2018

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the suggestion however I think you might still get my question wrong. I am looking for request type filter and not issue type. I have no issue running a issue type report. But not "request type". As far as I understand, both are different thing.  The request type are not available as part of the statistic type selection.  

Also, wonder why my series version looks so different from yours? Could you please advise? Thanks

series.png

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2018

Your Series screen will not let you click on "Basic to switch to "Basic"? If that's the case, what happens when you click on "Basic"? It looks like you are currently in Advanced mode (typing out your filter). The "Basic" link is just a toggle more or less.

You're right- I defaulted to Issue Type filters in my answers. Sorry about that. 

In Cloud, I'm not able to reproduce your problem with building the JQL filter (although this one you do need to do in Advanced since the "Request Type" field doesn't exist in Basic. Can you do a screenshot of what you have that is failing?

Here's what I have. The filter I'm building gives suggestions for Request Types (that is the cursor in between the two quotes):

Request Type.png 

SD Admin March 29, 2018

Hi again,

Here's the warning message I got when try to switch to basic. 

basic.pngBut the good news is, I manage to filter request type finally with your example syntax. Is the JQL syntax that caused me problem. 

Thank you so much!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2018

No idea what would cause that bizarre error message for you :(

Glad I could help with the JQL!

Carolyn

0 votes
Deepak Rai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2024

I have provided a workaround below. Could you please review it and let me know if you find it helpful?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1369277804

0 votes
EwaBo December 5, 2023

Is there any plan to add the ability to build dashboard gadgets based on Service Desk Request Types? Many times, sorting the data only by Issue Type is not enough since multiple Request Types can be connected to one Issue Type. If searching based on the Request Type field is working, why can't we use it on our dashboard without installing plugins? Is there any existing JIRA request for that (I would love to create one if not)? 

0 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2020

If you're looking for an easy solution to this problem our app Custom Charts for Jira allows you to select Request Type as a statistic. You can also select the colors, rename and group Request Types together directly in the chart editor, with zero coding required.

You can check the app out right now on our interactive app playground.

Request Type Report.png

I hope that helps anyone who is also looking for an answer to this question 🙂

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

0 votes
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 11, 2020

You can use VisualScript for Jira to report off of the Request Type field in your Jira dashboard gadgets. 

You can report off of many different chart types (pie, bar, stacked bar, etc.), and there are also other built-in reports available that provide additional context.

Best, 

Evan

FYI I am the VisualScript Product Manager

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events