Jira SD after Upgrade no working

Hi

I updated Jira, incl Agile and Service Desk from 6.4 to 7.6.

I first did the upgrade to 7.0 and then to 7.6

Now i can see the Service Desk under Apllications, but cannot create a Service Desk Project and the existing project had errors.

I uninstalled the Jira SD and reinstalled it again from applications, version and licenses. I changed the existing SD project to a business project and then after installing back to  service desk type.

The project still looks like a business project now. And I still cannot create SD projects.

Confluence and Jira Software work like expected. 

How can I install Jira SD properly, so that it has all the functionalities?

Thanks and Regards

Anna

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Anna,

On my 7.5.1 instance, I went to the Versions & Licenses page, and installed it from there:

https://JIRA-URL/plugins/servlet/applications/versions-licenses

Can you let me know if you're able to try it that way?

If not, it will also help to know what errors you were running into. You can feel free to provide also what came up in your Jira log specifically when you tried to create a project.

Kind regards,

Shannon

i did that as well. i can see the Application there listed as a installed and working instance (with used agents, license etc)

but in Jira it is like SD does not exist.

Anna,

Thank you for verifying. Could you let me know what errors you're seeing in the GUI as well as the Jira Application log?

It might also be helpful to check that there were no errors during the initial installation.

Kind regards,
Shannon 

Happened to me a few times during testing as well. 

Have you tried restarting JIRA?

-Lars

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

797 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you