Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira SD after Upgrade no working

Anna Schmassmann November 23, 2017

Hi

I updated Jira, incl Agile and Service Desk from 6.4 to 7.6.

I first did the upgrade to 7.0 and then to 7.6

Now i can see the Service Desk under Apllications, but cannot create a Service Desk Project and the existing project had errors.

I uninstalled the Jira SD and reinstalled it again from applications, version and licenses. I changed the existing SD project to a business project and then after installing back to  service desk type.

The project still looks like a business project now. And I still cannot create SD projects.

Confluence and Jira Software work like expected. 

How can I install Jira SD properly, so that it has all the functionalities?

Thanks and Regards

Anna

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Anna,

On my 7.5.1 instance, I went to the Versions & Licenses page, and installed it from there:

https://JIRA-URL/plugins/servlet/applications/versions-licenses

Can you let me know if you're able to try it that way?

If not, it will also help to know what errors you were running into. You can feel free to provide also what came up in your Jira log specifically when you tried to create a project.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Anna Schmassmann November 23, 2017

i did that as well. i can see the Application there listed as a installed and working instance (with used agents, license etc)

but in Jira it is like SD does not exist.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Anna,

Thank you for verifying. Could you let me know what errors you're seeing in the GUI as well as the Jira Application log?

It might also be helpful to check that there were no errors during the initial installation.

Kind regards,
Shannon 

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2017

Happened to me a few times during testing as well. 

Have you tried restarting JIRA?

-Lars

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events