Jira Rest login

Hi All,

I thought I was trying to do something simple, but I've been working on this for 2 days so far, with no luck.

I have my own site with a login page. I want my client to be able to log into my site and it automatically logs them into jira service desk customer portal. I have been able to get the rest/auth/1/session end point working to return me a 200 status and a jsession id etc, but when I then go to the portal, I still get the login box.

I've tried both php and java and it wont work. What is interesting though, is that if I call the rest endpoint using RESTClient, the user is logged in and everything works as expected.

I'm sure it's something simple, just can't see what it is.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 vote
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Jun 17, 2014

Hi Anita,

Check this documentation that might help you to achieve that: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+To+Change+JIRA+Login+and+Logout+URL

You need to make some changes in JIRA in order to be able to login remotely like that.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

794 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you