cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Project Export and Import from one instance to another instance

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2019

Hi Team,

I’m wondering that is that possible to Export and Import  the project from one instance to another instance with custom fields, workflows , and screens that are used in the Project.

I Just want to copy a complete project from one Jira application(Server) to another jira application (Data center) with out any issues . Just want to copy  with CustomFields, Screens, IssueTypes, Workflows, Etc.,

Can any one suggest me how to do this 

Thanks,
Kumar

2 answers

0 votes
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2019

Hello @Kumar,

I would use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211147/project-configurator-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview or https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211611/configuration-manager-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview .

But as Robert said, you have to be carefull, check that both instances have the same language for example, and check everything later. I have ended up with lots of duplicated status/priorities/resolution.

They save you time but are no perfect.

Regards

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2019

Hi @laralg and @Robert Jahrling  Thanks for your response

I have a add-on in the Jira Porject Configurator for jira 

so here are the steps i have Followed please correct me if I have done anything wrong

1) Selected Project service desk> project settings > Export Project > I choose the Option "Configuration only

step2.PNGstep3.PNG

This the Error i have got can  you please help me here

Here if we dont have any error it will download an XML doc right??

So this File can i import directly  in Another Jira instanace ??

Here I have a Jira (server)  in one Ec2 instance and Jira (data center) is in another Ec2 instance.

I wnat to move some projects to "Data center"

Can you please help me here

Thanks,

Kumar 

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2019

Hello Kumar,

Sorry, sadly we do not know your intance so I am not sure what that error could be. Jira fields usually have higher ids, so it might be a field from an add-on. Check wich add-ons you have and if they allow you to create things ( fields and so on) check  if this is the id of one of them. You might have to take it out of the projecto to be able to export it.

Regards

0 votes
Robert Jahrling January 11, 2019

Have a look at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Export-Project-Configuration-from-one-JIRA-instance-to-another/qaq-p/514413 for a good answer.

In short, you should use a third-party tool. Be aware that most of them are good when your configurations are simple but fall apart when asked to deal with moderate complexity.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events