Did you mean: 

Jira LDAP Autentication stop Working after Jira Upgrade

Informática Fusal October 30, 2017

Jira LDAP Autentication stop Working after Jira Upgrade

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2017

Hi there,

Can you let us know what error messages you're receiving about the authentication not working? Are you able to check your catalina.out and atlassian Jira logs for signs of errors?

That will help us to determine what your issue is.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Informática Fusal October 31, 2017

Hi Shannon

The error message is:

IT-PREDATOR-DC.FUSAL.ORG:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: IT-PREDATOR-DC.FUSAL.ORG:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]

Before upgrade Jira I already solved this error by setting a IT-PREDATOR-DC.FUSAL.ORG certificate in the java Cacerts Keystore, and LDAP authentication was working fine.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2017

I would recommend checking the other resolutions at this article:

Unable to Connect to SSL Services due to PKIX Path Building Failed

This will help diagnose where the connection is failing and ensure you're using a valid certificate in your most recent update.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Informática Fusal November 3, 2017

I have a valid certificate, it works before Jira Upgrade

snip_20171103174159.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 6, 2017

Hi there,

It's not to say that your certificate isn't valid. It's just not being accepted by Jira. You will need to review the documentation to see why it is failing now. 

Please also have a look at the Connecting to SSL Services article linked in the page I sent you earlier.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events