Jira LDAP Autentication stop Working after Jira Upgrade

Jira LDAP Autentication stop Working after Jira Upgrade

1 answer

0 vote

Hi there,

Can you let us know what error messages you're receiving about the authentication not working? Are you able to check your catalina.out and atlassian Jira logs for signs of errors?

That will help us to determine what your issue is.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon

The error message is:

IT-PREDATOR-DC.FUSAL.ORG:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: IT-PREDATOR-DC.FUSAL.ORG:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]

Before upgrade Jira I already solved this error by setting a IT-PREDATOR-DC.FUSAL.ORG certificate in the java Cacerts Keystore, and LDAP authentication was working fine.

I would recommend checking the other resolutions at this article:

Unable to Connect to SSL Services due to PKIX Path Building Failed

This will help diagnose where the connection is failing and ensure you're using a valid certificate in your most recent update.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

I have a valid certificate, it works before Jira Upgrade

snip_20171103174159.png

Hi there,

It's not to say that your certificate isn't valid. It's just not being accepted by Jira. You will need to review the documentation to see why it is failing now. 

Please also have a look at the Connecting to SSL Services article linked in the page I sent you earlier.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

793 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you