Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Help Desk Widget contains an empty iframe and will not pass WCAG AA standards

Bang Pham July 23, 2018

When scanning for accessibility with "Siteimprove Accessibility Checker" The scanner noted that the Jira Helpdesk widget contains and "empty iframe" and will not pass WCAG AA.  The code is from atlassian. 

What should I do? 

jira empty iframe.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
To Be ADA Compliant December 30, 2019

Hey Bang,

I know how to resolve your issue. As I'm an ADA compliant web designer. Its my daily task to resolve these types of issues. To Be ADA Compliant offers ADA & Section 508 Compliance Services with WCAG 2.1 Guidelines. Please speak to our experts. We have a lot of experience with websites and ADA compliance.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2018

Hi Bang,

I saw that you already addressed this question on a support case and we are waiting for your response.
I will follow up the ticket and once its resolved, I'll post the resolution here as well.

Thanks for your understanding in advance.

Regards,
Angélica

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2018

Hi Angélica, 

Is there an open issue that others might vote on regarding this?

We are also interested in using the widget, but must have an accessible option.

Thank you,

Sharon

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2018

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!
Currently, there are no feature request or bug related to this.
The issue occurs because we are mixing CSS and HTML elements inside the iframe. We use React on order to render the components. There are many changes related to inline CSS since we started to use components to develop our web pages. You can find more information on the link below:
- Inline CSS at Khan Academy: Aphrodite
We also accessed some tools which are available on W3 website:
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List

You can also use the links below to check if there is some inconsistency. Maybe the rules for the Site Optimize have not been updated to verify web components.
https://wave.webaim.org/
https://webaccessibility.com/

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events