Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD server based account management

Ray Hemry January 23, 2018

How can I manage user account on the JSD (Server based) using Active Directory?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Ray,

Take a look at the knowledge base article JIRA Service Desk: Connecting to an LDAP directory or Active Directory (AD):

Connecting to an LDAP Directory in JIRA Service Desk

1. Choose  > User Management
  2. Choose User Directories.
  3. Add a directory and select one of these types:
    • 'Microsoft Active Directory' – This option provides a quick way to select AD because it is the most popular LDAP directory type.
    • 'LDAP' – You will be able to choose a specific LDAP directory type on the next screen.
  4. Enter the values for the settings, as described below.
  5. Save the directory settings.
  6. Define the directory order by clicking the blue up- and down-arrows next to each directory on the 'User Directories' screen. Here is a summary of how the directory order affects the processing:
    • The order of the directories is the order in which they will be searched for users and groups.
    • Changes to users and groups will be made only in the first directory where the application has permission to make changes.
    For details, see Managing multiple directories.

Notes:

• For this configuration, every time user logs in (i.e. first and subsequent times), the user's data in JIRA Service Desk will be updated from the user's data in LDAP. This includes username, display name, email and group memberships. However for group memberships, only the following applies:
    • direct groups only (i.e. not nested groups) are synchronized from LDAP.
    • only groups that are already present in JIRA Service Desk are synchronized, i.e. groups are not added/removed, and group hierarchies are not synchronized.

Take a look at the article for full configuration details. 

Cheers,

Branden

Ray Hemry January 26, 2018

Branden,

You said - 

"For this configuration, every time user logs in (i.e. first and subsequent times), the user's data in JIRA Service Desk will be updated from the user's data in LDAP"

Does this count against my licenses? Does this method treat logins as a customer or agent?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events