Take a look at the knowledge base article JIRA Service Desk: Connecting to an LDAP directory or Active Directory (AD):
Connecting to an LDAP Directory in JIRA Service Desk
- Choose > User Management.
- Choose User Directories.
- Add a directory and select one of these types:
- 'Microsoft Active Directory' – This option provides a quick way to select AD because it is the most popular LDAP directory type.
- 'LDAP' – You will be able to choose a specific LDAP directory type on the next screen.
- Enter the values for the settings, as described below.
- Save the directory settings.
- Define the directory order by clicking the blue up- and down-arrows next to each directory on the 'User Directories' screen. Here is a summary of how the directory order affects the processing:
For details, see Managing multiple directories.
- The order of the directories is the order in which they will be searched for users and groups.
- Changes to users and groups will be made only in the first directory where the application has permission to make changes.
For this configuration, every time user logs in (i.e. first and subsequent times), the user's data in JIRA Service Desk will be updated from the user's data in LDAP. This includes username, display name, email and group memberships. However for group memberships, only the following applies:
direct groups only (i.e. not nested groups) are synchronized from LDAP.
only groups that are already present in JIRA Service Desk are synchronized, i.e. groups are not added/removed, and group hierarchies are not synchronized.
Take a look at the article for full configuration details.
You said -
"For this configuration, every time user logs in (i.e. first and subsequent times), the user's data in JIRA Service Desk will be updated from the user's data in LDAP"
Does this count against my licenses? Does this method treat logins as a customer or agent?
Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events