JSD duplicate customer account creation

Pedro Santos November 22, 2018

I have Jira Software and JSD running on the same instance with SSO.
Noticed that when a internal customer uses the Customer portal I get 2 accounts (one with the email address and other with the users id). Maybe an agent invited the user in advance, but the problem is that one user should not have 2 accounts set.

Any idea how to avoid this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2018

Hi Pedro.

Which SSO solution are you based on, and is your SSO solution configured to create users on first login? Could it be that the SSO mechanism check for existing users based on the wrong user key attribute and that duplicate customer records are created at SSO logins?

Regards,

Jon Espen

Kantega SSO

Pedro Santos November 22, 2018

Hi Jon,

It uses SSO with our LDAP. This works fine with Jira Software .

Now with JSD, we can use it with external customer that don't have AD user. These cases I guess it's expected that Jira creates a new user based on email address.

But for internal users who have userid, when they access customer portal I would expect the system to check the email and see if it has a userid.

Looks like it create an account based on email and again based on userid

Can this be any setting that I'm missing?

Jörg T_ May 8, 2019

Hello Pedro,

could you solve this issue? I am facing the same problem right now :-(

Pedro Santos May 10, 2019

Hello Jörg,
Unfortunately not solved yet.
Seems that JSD still have a lot to improve...

Leonardo Cagata June 2, 2021

Hello Pedro,

Have you had any luck on finding the solution for this problem?

Pedro Santos June 4, 2021

Hi, the only solution was with internal development:

When a mail is received, this app will search for the mail in our LDAP. If it exists will create the user with the corresponding userid. If not will create the the external mail.

This was included in  our SSO app

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events