Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD Server is auto-adding Participants when requests come in via email. How to disable?

Adriana Wolfe October 4, 2017

I have two different projects in JIRA Service Desk - Server that are displaying worrying behavior.

- In one project, every request created via email is adding one of our users as a Request Participant despite not being CC'ed in the original email. The same user is added every time.

- In another project, requests created via email created a user with the same email as the ingestion email, and this "user" is added as a Request Participant to every request via email despite not being CC'ed in the original email. I have tried to delete this "user" account, but every new request via email to this project re-creates it.

How do I stop this from happening with these users without disabling Request Participants entirely? It is creating unnecessary notifications and work to disable it.

2 answers

1 vote
Steve Schmidt May 2, 2019

Did you ever solve this?  I am having the same exact issue.

0 votes
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Hi Adriana,

It may be that you have a 3rd party plugin or Jira automation set to automatically add the first user as a request participant for every request in the product. Can you check to see if there are any automation rules or plugins that might be doing this?

In the second issue this typically happens due to a misconfiguration on the mail server side. Do you have multiple email addresses configured on that same mailbox?

Best regards,
Brian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events