Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD Server - Welcome Email - How long before the link expires?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

We recently invited a new external customer to our Service Desk (Server version 7.3).  He went to go sign in after some time had past and received a message that the welcome email link had expired.

Does anyone know how much time before that link expires?  Is there any way to customize that?

Susan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

hi @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_! The last time I checked it was 7 days which isn't very long. It may have changed as it has been awhile.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2017

Hi @Jack Brickey

So much fun to have you respond to my question.  So how did you check?  And is that cloud?  Do you think Server is different?

Susan

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2017

cloud and memory only. It has been several months since I ran into this and that is what I recall. I did a quick search in documentation but didn't find anything which is unfortunate for sure. One would think that the expiration would be the same for both cloud an server but I can't say for sure.

maybe someone has recent experience and hopefully it doesn't vary with releases. :-)

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2017

Well no one chimed in...so going to go with your answer

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Susan, for what it's worth, the expiration period is 7 days for our Cloud site.  I know this empirically because I have a user who can't be convinced to click the link in the invitation I sent 7 days ago.  :) I've been checking his user profile every day, and it finally says expired today.  I haven't found a way to customize this or any documentation about it. 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2017

That's too funny...but makes sense.  Our Atlassian Cloud for Confluence expires after 7 days, so I imagine the server out of the box is 7 days

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events