JSD Notification Question

Lindsay Edwards January 8, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 separate JIRA Service Desk projects and I'm having trouble figuring out notifications.

Right now in my first JIRA Service Desk project when a new issue is created and assigned to a specific Component group the users or agents in that Component group receive the below email. (This way they are know a new ticket has been assigned to there group.)

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 2.35.45 PM.png

I'm trying to recreate this notification in my second JIRA Service Desk project that I'm creating right now. Can anyone point me in the direction to where these are at? Both of the projects share the same Notification Scheme.  I'd also like to find it so I can add a priority line.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

Hi Lindsay,

If they are sharing the same notification scheme, then your agents might already be receiving that issue created notification.   However, you may need to set up components and component leads in the new project to get the notifications by component.

Hope that helps

Susan

Lindsay Edwards January 8, 2018

Hi Susan,

I have a couple of components set up in my second JIRA Service Desk and myself as the user and component lead for testing notifications. I also had a separate admin assign the ticket to the component just in case it wasn't sending me notifications since I was the person making the changes. No luck...

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

Hi,

So things to check:

1. NOtification Schemes - Who gets notified on create?  Is it role - agents, assignees, component leads?

2. Are you an Agent and in the service desk team role in the new project?

Just a question when you say assign the ticket to the component, is that setting the component on create or after the fact.  Because if after the fact, you won't necessarily get notified of the update.

Perhaps paste in your notification scheme, and your users and roles, so we can figure this out.

Susan

Lindsay Edwards January 9, 2018

Thank you for your help Susan, I figured it out. There was a problem with the email address associated with the second service desk. 

Like Juhaina Almama likes this
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2018

Good to hear...please mark as resolved...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events