Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD Customer notifications switching off

Mariusz Ternes (admin) July 27, 2018

Hi Team,
I'm having requests from Customer who is stating that the customer notifications are switching off. I don't know if this is the Customer incidentally hitting the button on Portal or link in e-mail or this is something else causing the issue.

Is there some way to find out who and when (and how: e-mail/portal) switched off the notifications for him? Any DB table to query? Some other options?
Customer is stating that this is Jira's bug causing notifications being switched off, so I'd like to have option to investigate.

The product version is 3.3.1.

Thanks in advance for some guidance.

BR,

Mariusz

1 answer

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2018

@Mariusz Ternes (admin)There could be several  reasons,

• It could be problem  with  your SMTP mail  server,  or it could be some  policy  configured by  the  email  configuration (for instance in  outlook  you  can  set policy  to  deny  mails  from  particular server)
  • It  could be that  in  notification  scheme  in the  project / user dont have access to  JSD and to  receive email  notification.

Please verify   that  all   of these  are intact.(that is  server in  sending mail  to  user, check mail  logs   and  verify  JSD  project  setting on notification  scheme.)

Best!

Mariusz Ternes (admin) July 27, 2018

The problem is different:

1. The issue is created

2. Some actions are made

3. At some point customer is stating that he stopped getting the notifications, and in the portal he can see button "Get Notifications" - meaning that the notifications are switched off for him, for this particular issue.

The other issues for this user and for the other users do send the notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events