Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL to Find Tickets Where Status Changed during previous business day, supporting holidays

Neil Root January 10, 2019

I am attempting to write a JQL query in order to filter tickets for a daily report.

There are 3 conditions which need to be met for the report as follows:

1) The results must include tickets which had their STATUS CHANGED to "Returned" during the previous business day

2) When the query is executed on a Monday, the expected results must include all tickets which had their STATUS CHANGED to "Returned" on Friday, Saturday, Sunday

3) Statutory Holidays are not considered business days, therefore, any tickets moved to "Returned" STATUS during a statutory holiday must appear in the results when the query is executed on the next business day

I've got the query started as follows:

status = Returned AND status CHANGED AFTER -1d OR ( status CHANGED DURING (-3d, endOfWeek(-1w) ) )

I believe this query will get take care of the first 2 conditions, however, I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to factor in the Statutory Holidays requirement. 

Is there an option to configure Stat Holidays in JIRA service desk which could then be leveraged in my JQL query?

1 answer

0 votes
Justin Warwick August 8, 2019

I would like to see this, too. I do not see a clear answer in the JQL reference, but there is something that is a possible useful lead; the "elapsed" function:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-765593719.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-elapsedelapsed()

But this seems to require utilizing SLAs which is something my group has been avoiding so far, so I can't tell you if this would work. The documentation section "Creating SLA Calendars" on https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/slas-754977501.html

does look pretty promising though, it describes configurable working hours in a day as well as working days and so on.

Please update if you have found a solution you like.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events