JIRA software users : how to "create and link" issues from JIRA service desk

Francois LE CROM October 5, 2017

Hi,

We have both JIRA Service Desk and JIRA software (Cloud version) and I'm tyring to enable the following scenario :

- JIRA service desk agent create an issue

- From this service desk issues, JIRA software user "create and link" an issue in a JIRA software project

While I can see how service desk agent can "create and link" issues, I can't find what permission I need to set so that JIRA software users (not having a Service Desk license) can do it.

Does anyone have a clue ?

2 answers

0 votes
Francois LE CROM October 9, 2017

Thanks Andrew. I'll watch these issues.

I suppose this is also the reason why I can't move issues from JIRA Service Desk to JIRA software project correct ? That would allow a clone then move operation and would provide a workaround.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

It is not a permissions problem.  The limitation is specific to Jira Software projects.  You presently cannot use the "create linked issues" feature in order to select the newly created issue appear in Jira software projects because this would force the new issue to also clone the sprint data for the source issue.  That could cause some    There is an existing feature request for this in Jira Cloud: JSWCLOUD-13625 and again for the Jira Server: JSWSERVER-13625

Sorry there does not appear to be a work-around for this at this time.  But I would recommend watching those issues as once this feature does come to Jira Software those issues should be updated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events