Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA refers to Service Desk users ?

Deleted user July 18, 2017

Hi,

We are using JIRA and Service Desk with one SD project which is open to external customers (ie. anyone can submit a request). 

External customers can register themselves for this service desk - as I know JIRA is creating then an internal user (with only Full Name, and Username (email) included - no group or access to application). 

In our case this is the only scenario when users are added to JIRA internal directory - all other users are from synced external LDAP. 

The question is as follows:

When I refer to a user in the comment (using @) the SD users are not visible at all, but if I share any issue or search for watchers I can see these external SD users on the list.

This is happening in all projects, not only SD projects. This is first of all confusing and lead to some mistakes (it is easy to choose wrong user if they have the same name). Also what happen if I for example share the issue with this external customer - is the email sent to him ? I suppose he can't access the issue anyway as he can only a right to view portal in one SD project but it is still a bit confusing...

Is there a way to "hide" external SD users somehow ?   

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi Pawel,

There is an article titled JIRA Service Desk Agent unable to "Mention" users in comment.  It lists the cause as the Browse User permission not being included in the service-desk-agent group under Global Permissions.

To resolve it you would do the following:

1. Go to Global Permission ( g + g , type Global Permission ) . Or go to JIRA Administration > System > Global Permission .
  2. Add service-desk-agents group in Browse User section

A similar question was asked in Solved: Can't @Mention other users with a similar resolution.

Cheers,

Branden

Deleted user August 16, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thanks for the reply but the suggested solution is actually not what we are looking for. 

The comment mention works fine as we have some other groups added to the Browse User global permission which covers our agents as well. In the comment mention we are not seeing any SD external users - which is also fine.

The real problem is that those external users (created only to have access to the portal, not JIRA) are visible on the list for sharing and as potential watchers. Considering the number of them can potentially increase (as anyone can register for our external SD project) this is confusing...So what I'm looking for is some way to remove them from share and potential watchers list...

Regards,

Pawel 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events