Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA - Size Requirements?

Katie Filipiak October 23, 2019

For JIRA, are there size requirements for attachments? We're including a lot of attachments to our tickets and I want to make sure that there isn't a cap - both individually, on the ticket overall, or to our overall board - that would cause problems with our boards. If we're close to the file size cap, what are some of the issues that we would run into?

If there are size requirements, can I (or a owner of this system) make changes so that we can increase our file size if need be? I'm not sure what size we're at now. 

1 answer

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

Hi there @Katie Filipiak 

Yes, there is a limit set, but as administrator you can change it anytime. This setting is located at System > Advanced > Attachments 

Here you can find the relating documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-file-attachments-938847851.html

Cheers
Nick

Katie Filipiak October 28, 2019

Hi Nick, thank you so much for following up with me. I'll have to relay this information along bc I don't think I'm the administrator unfortunately, but is there also a general size requirement for the system before it start slowing down? We just set up our board and are having folks attach documents, but if this will eventually be a problem/ this system is not meant to be a document repository, I'd like to head off the problem early if I can. Please let me know if I'm unclear or you need additional information. I appreciate your help!

Thank you.

Katie

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Hi Katie

Many or large Attachments do not slow down Jira. Working with a lot of Jira I never saw attachments impacting perfomance.

But yes, Jira is not an document repository, this is true. Attaching a dozen Attachments to a Jira issue is fine. But as soon you attach many more attachments to a jira issue it simply gets convoluted for the users.

Cheers
Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events