JIRA Service Desk, unable to start

Murthy Namagiri June 1, 2018

Unexpected error during startup, Error log says jira has been locked.

Kindly assist to resolve this startup issue..

2 answers

1 vote
Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2018

Try this,

• Shut down Jira
  • Delete the lock file from Application Data/Jira/.jira-home.lock
  • Start Jira Service.

Give ~30 seconds between each step 

I did the same already, but no help..

Now i got this error, while i am browsing,

DescriptionTime : ExceptionUnexpected exception during JIRA startup. This JIRA instance will not be able to recover. Please check the logs for details2018-06-02 00:01:31

Level: fatal 

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2018

And what does the logs show ?

Few other things to check, 

• Service Desk version is compatible to your Jira Version
  • Database config (Check if the db license is not expired)

How can i check the Jira compatible version and db license.. And also i have shared the log file, please find the attached link..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KHiJDbEivT6sfwuMwfDohCKx4BVsJ3DX

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

My Jira version is 7.3.6, and it is compatilble version.

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

It was 7.3.6v bug :D 

Fixed in later versions of Jira

Follow this document JIRA Fails to Start due to Multiple entries with same key

Sure, i will check..

@Aswin Achuthan, now its getting logged in, And also i got a message "The Lucene health check has failed in your system."

As i got a message as "The issue index is inconsistent with the database state. Database has (145) issues but the index has (2) issues."

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2018

Try 1st Troubleshooting mentioned in HealthCheck: Lucene Search Indexes

My issue state is "The issue index is inconsistent with the database state. Database has (145) issues but the index has (2) issues."

What is the 1st troubleshooting steps?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2018

It's the first line in the troubleshooting section on the page Aswin linked to.

0 votes

2018-06-01 19:11:54,260 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger]

***********************************************************************************************************************************
The jira.home directory 'C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRASD' is already locked by another running instance of JIRA.
***********************************************************************************************************************************

2018-06-01 19:11:54,754 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [c.a.j.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher]

JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.

2018-06-01 19:11:55,369 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.SystemDatabaseConfigurationLoader] Reading database configuration from C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRASD\dbconfig.xml
2018-06-01 19:11:55,911 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.
2018-06-01 19:11:55,915 JIRA-Bootstrap FATAL [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked.
2018-06-01 19:11:56,123 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Memory Usage:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heap memory : Used: 214 MiB. Committed: 481 MiB. Max: 738 MiB
Non-heap memory : Used: 38 MiB. Committed: 39 MiB. Max: 1264 MiB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL : Used: 252 MiB. Committed: 520 MiB. Max: 2002 MiB
2018-06-01 19:11:56,124 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [c.a.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher] Stopping launchers
2018-06-01 19:11:56,168 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.ClusteringLauncher.stop(ClusteringLauncher.java:48)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.stop(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:209)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextDestroyed(LauncherContextListener.java:195)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:4774)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stopInternal(StandardContext.java:5411)
... 3 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events