Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk translations

Lucas Senn November 9, 2014

After changing some translations in translations.atlassion.com I downloaded the language pack for JIRA Service Desk and installed it into our instance but they show no effect.

I changed translations f.e. "My recent Requests" or "No Results found".

I checked the download pack and the translations exist.

The JIRA Service Desk Version is 2.1.

The possible versions for the lanuage pack wich I checked are 2.0md10 and 2.2.

1 answer

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

Hi Lucas,

If the translation is present in the language pack then it should be displayed correctly within the product (Service Desk in your case). It might not work for few reasons:

• The message/translation you checked is not the one used within the product. It sometimes happen when two different messages have the same text and user checks/translates not the right one.
    As far as I can see it is not the case for "My recent Requests" as it is the only one for Stash.
  • Language pack contains translations for language that is different from what is set in Stash.
    Can you please double check if you download language pack for the correct language (the same you use in Stash)?
  • Cache problems. Depending on the implementation it happens that some translations are cached and uploading language pack with new translations does not change anything, i.e. product still uses the previous translations. In such case the product restart might be required and/or hard refresh of the browser page.
  • If none of the above is the reason then it might be a bug in the product.
    In such case please raise a support request at support.atlassian.com or a bug at jira.atlassian.com

Please also note that when you translate messages at translations.atlassian.com, the service needs few minutes to regenerate language pack so it contains new translations.

Please also note that only 'accepted' translations get into language pack. More information can be found at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TRANS/Atlassian+Translations

Cheers,
Jacek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events