Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk sends notification up to 10! times

Deleted user August 31, 2017

Hi,

all of a sudden our JIRA Service Desk sends up to 10 notification mails for the same case. So when one of our agents adds a comment to an issue, JIRA sends the notification mail 10 times. 

This behaviour is new to use, I´ve made no changes to the configuration.

Has anyone ever seen such a misbehaviour?

EDIT: I´ve been looking into atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log to find out that there are plenty of these messages:

com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

This is mailbox independent :(

Regards

Simon

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi Simon,

Sometimes this can occur if there are issues connecting to the mail server at the time. It can often be stuck on a certain email. Other times the mail client itself, such as Outlook, can be duplicating an issue.

Are you encountering this for any other tickets? 

I would recommend have your mail server admin check and see if these messages have separate message IDs, then you will be able to tell if they were duplicated before or after they left JIRA.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Deleted user September 1, 2017

Hi Shannon,

this problem was across all service desk projects. As it affected 3 different mail servers I think it is a JIRA error. After restarting the whole system everything was fine again. 

The internet connectivity was ok, no errors (otherwise some of our employees couldn´t access JIRA via internet).

Thought it could be connected to ram usage.

Regards
Simon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi Simon,

Thank you for confirming. Indeed, that could be caused by stuck processes or resources on the server. If it occurs again we can help you look into seeing what processes might be stuck so please keep us updated!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events