Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk questions

Carlos Henriques January 20, 2014

Hi.

In my company we work with JIRA and AGILE, and recently discovered your new add on Service Desk, but I have some questions about it.

1. Can Service Desk create Tickets from email? Like a pop3 service that consumes an email account and creates tickets based on the received emails.

2. If yes to above, can it then send and automatic reply with the info of the created ticket?

3. Is it possible to customize the queues layout, like adding new columns (costum field most of the time)?

4. Can we reply to a costumer with an email from a ticket in Service Desk?

5. If we already have 10 users using JIRA, the $10 of Service Desk starter gives me another 10 users to just use Service Desk or already counts the existing JIRA 10 users?

PS: the product looks great!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

Hi Carlos :

1. Yes, behind Service Desk is the power of JIRA, so it's certainly possible to create tickets from Email (keep in mind that it's so easy to get those tickets to show up in the Customer Portal).
  2. Again Yes, you can use the notification scheme to send a ticket to the reporter or a custom email address. I've done this for several of my customers.
  3. Yes you can easily customize the queues layout and filters.
  4. Again yes, behind the service desk is a JIRA workflow and you can use notifications to send the emails. You can even edit the email templates if you want (editing is not possible in JIRA OnDemand)
  5. If you already haven a 10 users license for JIRA and you want to start using Service Desk you'll need to buy a 10 users license for Service Desk too. This does not give you a total of 20 users. You can still only have 10 active users.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Rafael mello November 29, 2016

But where do I change to the automatic response inside the jira?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events