JIRA Service Desk portal within SharePoint Edited

Hello,

Currently all of our co-workers use SharePoint to submit a ticket. As we want to move to JIRA Service Desk, but also keep things easy for the co-workers, we want to include JIRA Service Desk on the old ticket page through SharePoint's "Pageviewer" functionality. Basicly, this just creates an iframe with the portal as it's source.

On most browser we've tested this, it works perfectly, as expected. However, surprise surprise, it doesn't work on any version of Internet Explorer, which most people use to access intranet in our company. Instead, it returns a JSON string with data (such as contactAdminLink, sharedPortalName, allowCookies and so forth). Now I did find out that when checking the console, it returns three JavaScript errors which don't show up when you just access the portal URL (which works just fine). The following errors are returned:

SCRIPT1010: Expected identifier
batch.js (222,164)
SCRIPT5007: The value of the property 'define' is null or undefined, not a Function object
com.atlassian.analytics.analytics-client:js-events.js (6,1)
SCRIPT5009: 'Calendar' is undefined
jira.webresources:calendar-nl.js (3,1)

Adding on to this, after a bit more of research, it also returns the following "Permission denied" errors. 

SCRIPT70: Permission denied
login (2,1)

SCRIPT1010: Expected identifier
batch.js (222,164)

com.atlassian.analytics.analytics-client:js-events.js (3,31)

jira.webresources:calendar-nl.js (3,1)

To make it even more weird is that for me, when I visit the page by simply clicking the menu item, it throws the aforementioned errors. When I refresh the page without leaving it to visit another page, no erros are thrown and everything works fine. For someone else, refreshing just keeps returning the same errors and JSON code.

Is there any way we can fix this?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

590 views 2 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot