JIRA Service Desk portal - add additional filter columns, sort on results columns

Sonya Goldstein October 6, 2017

Our external customers using our Service Desk portal would very much like to be able to search on other custom fields that we have added to form.  Is there a way to add that (example:  We have added a field for external ticket number which allows them to reference back to their own internal ticketing systems cross referenced against our JSD issue number.)

We would also like to be able to SORT on the results columns (would be  more meaningful if they could see all issues "In progress" vs "waiting on customer" vs "submitted"(means received but work hasn't started yet).

Ideas?  Products?  THIS WOULD BE AN EXTREME IMPROVEMENT TO THE PORTAL PRODUCT MAKING IT COMPETITIVE AGAINST PRODUCTS LIKE ZENDESK,     

4 answers

1 vote
Karolina Lasoń [Deviniti]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2018

Hey @Sonya Goldstein,

I think you're looking for this:  My Requests Extension for Service Desk. It's available on Server and it gives your customers the possibility to filter issues by specific statuses (among others) and add the fields such as reference, requester, participants, etc. to the view on My Request page. 

If you're looking for solutions for Cloud, you should check out Ultimate Theming for Jira Service Desk or Extended Request List.

Cheers,

Karolina 

0 votes
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

@Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_  @Karolina Lasoń [Deviniti]  are we able to modify all the portal screens (like All Requests?) or just My Requests?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California) 

In the newest version of the app, you can replace native My Requests screen with the one provided by our app. Check out our documentation to see how to do it. 

Hope it helps :) 

Regards, 

Karolina

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Thanks a lot! Quick question are those changes globally or can we pick in which Portal we would like to do the change? We have multiple portals and different needs on each one of them

Marketplace Partner
October 17, 2019

Those changes are made globally.

0 votes
Jan Odvárka November 28, 2018

Hi all,

most urgent request from our customer is to be able to select and filter specific "Issue type"

So he could check all open changes on their regular CAB. However I cannot find any solution how to provide them this functionability.

I would be very happy for any advice.

Kind regards

Jan

Marketplace Partner
November 28, 2018

Hi @Jan Odvárka,

unfortunately, it's not possible to select and filter specific issue types neither natively nor with Marketplace apps. However, we're planning to add this function to our app My Requests Extension in the near future. For now, though, the app allows the customers to filter specific Service Desks, Organizations, Request Types, and Statutes. Maybe that will be of some help? 

Cheers,

Karolina

Jan Odvárka November 28, 2018

Hi Karolina,

thanks for response. I already discussed with Dmitry from Devinity team.

We have bought Extension for JIRA and we would like to buy even My requests extension, however the only missing function for us the possibility to select "Issue type" :)

otherwise we will immediately buy the licence for 50 agents.

Kind regards

Jan

0 votes
Lucas Bugs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hey Sonya,

You're talking about the columns with information on issues that the customer has access through the customer portal, right? If so, at this time it is not possible to change the columns on the customer portal using Jira's native tools. A feature request exists to change this, and we encourage you to vote for it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4580

Note that it seems like some third party plugins are able to achieve this - some of them are suggested on the feature request's comment section.

Cheers,

Lucas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events