Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk: moving issues

Deleted user September 7, 2017

Hi,

We've been trying to set up our new service desk plugin. Up untill moving issues so far so good.

Our problem now is this:
I have moved a few issues from another Jira project to our service desk project. Then the issue gets the options of organisation and request participant. To test this I have assigned the issue to an organisation that I am a user in and onto my own participant account in this organisation. However, once logged into the customer portal the issue is not visible.

How can we fix this?

2 answers

0 votes

OK, so I found out that not only do you need to fill in the organisation (and participiant), but also you have to fill in the request type in order for the issue to be followed from the customer portal.

Now on to figuring out how to get request types available from here :) (only two out of the 20 that we have created are available to select)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

If I am following you correctly here I think what you are seeing is the way it works. With Organization, last time i checked, newly created issues after the organization is first created will show up but prior issues will not show. I may be wrong here. It has been awhile since i checked this to be honest. So maybe others can refute this.

You should test this too by creating a new issue and seeing if users in the organization can see.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your awnser! I've tried a test by creating a new issue into a different project and then moving it to the service desk project. Again assigning organisation and participant afterwards. It's the same with old issues. It almost seems like issues created outside of the service desk project can't be connected anymore.

I hope there is something that I'm doing wrong, because otherwise we have to manually

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events