Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk: many companies/SLA's to serve...how to set this up?

Ari February 13, 2015

Hello folks, hope you can help me with this one... I'm evaluating Service Desk and wondering the best way of setting up SLA's, customer specific SLA's to be exact.

Our company is providing supporting for several companies/customers, each of them having somehow different SLA in terms of response times, resolution times and calendars etc. I'm able to create different SLA's and calendars, but what I'm struggling with is how to match the ticket against correct SLA.

Or another words: End user from Company X logs into Customer Portal and creates new ticket. How to ensure that this new ticket is using customized Company X SLA only when it arrives to JIRA Service Desk?

Thanks for your help smile

Regards Ari

4 answers

0 votes
Ari February 26, 2015

Yep, seems that labels & components, with some JQL, are possible ways for matching a ticket to against correct customer SLA :-)

0 votes
Ari February 24, 2015

Thanks Robert - currently we are using JIRA without Service Desk for managing support tickets, so in practice tickets are arriving to "inbox project" from which they are manually moved under relevant project (Customer). Will check if labels would be the solution.

0 votes
RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

A few questions. Does each company have it's own service desk? If not, how are you determining which customer belongs to which company? I would personally recommend using labels that are hidden and pre-populated if they choose a specific company. This could also be achieved using Components or if the user picks their own company. Then you would just set the JQL up as need be for the SLAs.

0 votes
Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

My personal recommendation would be to set few ServiceDesks inside and give access to your Customers based on their organizations, etc.

For the user - they will have one (or few portals) that will be displayed on the homepage; for your team - they will have few ServiceDesks to enter to.  But then relation between issue and SLA will be quite transparent and straightforward.

You may eventually go into one portal and then in each issue form add a custom field that helps you to allocate issue-SLA link properly (via JQL in SLA setup), but if Customer makes a mistake there your SLA will be incorrectly calculated.

I'm using a standalone instance (not the Cloud one), so if there's a difference in Cloud at this level (e.g you cannot create more than 1 ServiceDesk), then my 1st solution may not work.

Ari February 24, 2015

Thanks Sebastian - having a few Service Desks sounds good idea but yeah, there may be limitation with cloud, need to try that out.

Ari February 26, 2015

It seems that one can have several Service Desks in Cloud but in our initial plan, after some testing, is to use only one Service Desk and labels/components for assigning the SLA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events