JIRA Service Desk impact to JIRA server

Ashish Yadav July 1, 2015

I would like to add the JIRA Service Desk add-on to our current production JIRA instance. However, before I do that, I would like to know what the impact is, if any, to CPU, MEM and Storage by adding this add-on. As for storage, I understand that it depends on the volume of service requests. Does the number of agents impact the resources on the VM as well? Is there any guide on what is recommended for a production instance of JIRA service desk (other than what is recommended for the production instance of JIRA)? I am planning on only having 3 agents to begin with.

2 answers

1 vote
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2015

Hi,

JIRA Service Desk requirements are basically the same for running JIRA server. If you have enough resources to run your JIRA smoothly as per the official documentation, then you can install the SD plugin without any concerns.

-- Arthur Gonçalves

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2015

In additional to Arthur response, the number os agents will not impact on the server resources and If you are not sure about how many agents you will need, start with 3 and check how it goes (As this option depends about your company needs).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events