Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk for JIRA 6.4 with old pricing model

Markus Vogel June 26, 2015

Hi

We are using JIRA Service Desk 1.2.7 (with the old pricing model) on JIRA 6.3.15. We plan to upgrade to JIRA 6.4.

Unfortunately, I cannot find JIRA Service Desk 1.x for JIRA 6.4! Am I forced to upgrade to JIRA Service Desk 2.x if I want to upgrade to JIRA 6.4! We belong to the minority where license cost would "explode" with the new license model, since we have a lot of Developers who randomly needs to work on and finish a "Service Desk Issue".

Thanks

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2015

It is still possible to use your existing JIRA Service Desk v1 license with JIRA 6.4 and the latest Service Desk version of 2.5.0.

Some of the new features, such as free Service Desk customers, etc will not be available with a v1 license. But you would still be able to take advantage of a lot of new features + bug fixes.

Regards

Matt

0 votes
Adolfo Guzman August 12, 2015

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the info.  This is my current experience....

1) JSD version 1.2.7 is incompatible with JIRA version 6.4.7.  Within Add On's it states "Incompatible - Update Available".

2) When I click on the "Update" button and upgrade to JSD 2.5.3 the following message is displayed, "Service Desk is currently not licensed for use."  I then go to Manage Add On's and find the following message, "License is for an older version and maintenance has expired."  Yes, our maintenance is expired but that shouldn't be needed to run the add on correct?

Has anyone been able to use the old pricing model over JIRA version 6.4.x?  How was it configured?

Regards,

Adolfo

0 votes
Markus Vogel August 11, 2015

Thanks for your comment Adolfo

This is what I got today from Atlassian:

Will Howard-McKinney [Atlassian]

10/Aug/15 3:56 PM

Hi again Markus,

You are welcome to keep using the old Service Desk pricing model as long as you're using a compatible JIRA version. Which you know, of course.

If we take a look at the version history for the JSD plugin, we can see that 1.2.7 was the last version of the previous pricing model, and it is compatible with JIRA 6.3.15.

However, the old model is still supported in JIRA 6.4, and will be supported in JIRA 7.0 at the start, but not indefinitely.

I know that's probably not the news you were hoping for...

Thanks,
Will
Product Advocate | Austin, TX, USA

I'm therefore quite confident, that we can use JIRA 6.4 or 7.0 with JIRA Service Desk and the old pricing model. We plan to upgrade next spring to either JIRA 6.4 or 7.x depending from what is available.

Regards

Markus

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

It is my hope that Atlassian sees that there is a need for both license models and announce this on the Summit-

0 votes
Adolfo Guzman July 13, 2015

This is what Atlassian emailed me today.....

Thanks for contacting us. In order to upgrade to JIRA 6.4 you will also have to upgrade JIRA Service Desk to the 2.0 licensing model, as your current Service desk version isn't compatible with the latest JIRA. Please keep in mind, you will receive a 50 percent discount your first year for moving to the 2.0 licensing model, as we understand this is an inconvenience. Apologies for this and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

-Atlassian Customer Advocate - Austin, TX

0 votes
Markus Vogel June 28, 2015

Thank you all for your comments. That's good news...

In a first step, we are going to use only the SLA feature from JIRA Service Desk, as we used it with the "Vertygo SLA Plugin". But of course, we want to keep ut to date with JIRA...

Best Regards

Markus

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2015

Hi Markus,

Unfortunately the version 1 of JIRA Service Desk is not compatible with versions 2.x of the plugin. Also, the last version 1 license is available only for JIRA 6.3.15. Any version onwards will required a version 2 license of the plugin.

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2015

There was no anouncement about the requirement to update the license. After your comment i have tried it again and it still works. JIRA 6.3.15 + SD 2.3.6 -> Update to JIRA 6.4.4 + SD 2.5. The only restriction i know is the missing people search / internal + external comments.

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel June 26, 2015

Hello Markus,

my experience on my test environment is that you can update your plugin from SD1 to SD2 with your v1 pricing.
What didn't work for me, create a new instance from scratch and start directly with SD2. When i tried this i mean get a license error.

Regards,
Tim 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events