JIRA Service Desk fails to start after Windows Update on JIRA Host

Simon Henderson January 22, 2018

JIRA — Internal Server Error

Error reference: 8256aee2-6d69-443a-aac7-b3ae565e139b

Unable to render full error details at this time. Please consult the error logs for more information.

Can you advise on cause of above message.  Small 3 man Jira Service Desk running on Windows 8.1 Host PC as host.  After Windows Update cannot get Serivce Desk to fire up after several reboots..

The actual error reference in the message seems to change every time we reboot

3 answers

0 votes
Simon Henderson January 22, 2018

Thanks very much for the answer - we do have this server imaged so can roll it back OK.  Part of  the reason for the H2 database is that we are  a Windows shop so have spent some time trying to find best back end configuration for Service Desk on a Windows machine.  SQL Server is the obvious choice but from what I have read this is not a great back end for Jira.  I then could not find anything deeper on best practice for Jira infrastructure on Windows - do you have any idea where I could find such a thing?

Thanks again & regards

Simon

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Ouch.  That means the database has been damaged, probably corrupted beyond use.

There's a good reason the system tells you the h2 and hsql databases are not suitable for production use - they can fail, catastrophically, without warning.

Do you have any recent backups of the home directory?  I suspect your only chance is going to be to replace the current database files with a working backup (then plan an immediate move to a supported database)

0 votes
cs9 January 22, 2018

Found the following in Jira.log - does this explain the errors

2018-01-22 12:34:18,915 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR      [c.a.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Unable to start JIRA.
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: General error: "java.lang.IllegalStateException: File corrupted in chunk 2931844,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events